Disgaea and Nippon Ichi fans rejoice! The following press release about Nippon Ichi's newest project comes to us from Mastiff LLC.
October 22, 2003
For Immediate Release
Mastiff LLC announces La Pucelle: Tactics for release exclusively on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in the spring of 2004.
Screenshots available at http://www.mastiff-games.com/lapucelle/lapucelle2.html
(Mastiff LLC, San Francisco) – The award winning tactical role-playing game La Pucelle: Tactics comes to North America on the PlayStation®2, courtesy of Mastiff LLC.
La Pucelle: Tactics is the tactical RPG from Nippon Ichi, creators of Disgaea. La Pucelle: Tactics is a tale of betrayal and double cross, monsters in human form and humans in monster form, set in an alternate medieval Europe. The unlikely hero is a smart mouthed and undisciplined sixteen year old who just passed her exorcism exams and her comrades in La Pucelle, a demon hunting squad.
“Sometimes cute and light, sometimes dark but always intense, La Pucelle: Tactics will be the must-play tactical RPG of 2004 and we’re delighted to be able to work with Mastiff on it” says Sohei Niikawa, Managing Director of Nippon Ichi Inc. Mika Hayashi, Mastiff’s Big Woof, Japan, and producer for La Pucelle: Tactics adds: “Instant, continuous level-ups, items you can combine and enemies willing to come to your side together with a heavily tactical battle system and heartrending story make this a great game.”
La Pucelle: Tactics Features
- Dark Portals and Purification: Brand new to the RPG world, use your powers to purify defiled ground and enemies. If pulled off right the effect is like having a super-giant combo.
- damage multiple enemies at once
- stop new enemies from appearing
- strengthen items in real time
- Fast leveling system: Items, characters and skills can increase every round of battle for well earned instant gratification
- Carry up to 149 items and use them to learn special magic.
- Turn enemies to allies. Bring up to 8 units into battle.
- Seize the high ground! Battlefield terrain will vary in height: attacking down is way better than being attacked from above.
- Attack in formation with your allies - Wave Attack and Simultaneous Attack
- Great balance of difficulty with early stages functioning as a tutorial, characters with real personality, beautiful hand drawn backgrounds
- Over 100 hours of gameplay with multiple endings
- Winner of a coveted Gold Award from Famitsu, Japan’s leading game magazine.
About Mastiff LLC
Mastiff LLC is a publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in Tokyo, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Please see www.mastiff-games.com for more information.
La Pucelle: Tactics is © 2002 Nippon Ichi Software Inc. Licensed to and published by Mastiff LLC. “PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.