As with Tenchu: Return From Darkness, Activision has put together a fan site kit for the upcoming Pitfall: The Lost Expedition. Available in the kit is Box Art for all consoles, art of Pitfall Harry and the creatures from the game, logos (Pitfall, Activision and Edge of Reality) , 9 screenshots and pics of Pitfall Harry's gear. To get the kit either visit http://www.pitfallharry.com or download the .zip file (18.9 MB) directly from Activision.
As before, once you get your website up, feel free to contact Jon Lenaway at Step-3 to be kept in the loop of future Pitfall: The Lost Expedition information.
Immerse yourself in the adventure of Pitfall®: The Lost Expedition, featuring more than 40 levels of fast-paced action and puzzle solving adventures, the game challenges players to swing, fight, climb and crawl through multiple types of treacherous South American environments including lush jungles, dark tombs, ancient Aztec ruins and glacial mountains. Pitfall: The Lost Expedition also includes favorite features from the earlier Pitfall® games such as vine swinging, gaping chasms, crocodiles and scorpions. Gamers can overcome the obstacles using all of the tools in Pitfall Harry's arsenal including a sling, dynamite and ice axes, and rescue those in distress from deadly foes like scorpions, jaguars and teams of enemies.
- Awesome Action/Adventure Elements - The game lets players jump between adventure and puzzle levels with fast-paced transitions inspired by the vine-swinging action of the original game. Once in a level, branching pathways allow players to choose where to go next.
- New And Classic Enemies - Gamers can tangle with a host of enemies like scorpions, bats, jaguars, piranhas, insects, natives, mercenaries, bush ninjas and monkeys.
- Take "Direct Control" of Pitfall Harry's Cool Gear - Using the analog sticks on their controller, gamers can take control of Pitfall Harry's limbs and access a wide range of tools to get the job done: ascend massive glacial cliffs with trusty ice axes; make it across dangerous rapids in an inner tube; fight-off foes and activate switches with a powerful sling shot; deter pests and shed light on the situation with a blazing torch; and deflect flame jets with a mighty shield.
- Heroic Actions - As gamers progress in the game they will gain new abilities that will assist in the quest, including a quick dash option and numerous combat maneuvers. They can also use simple button combinations to turn regular actions into special heroic feats.
- Break From The Hunt For Adventure - Collecting special items allows players to compete in the Native mini-games.
- Experience Top Technology - Total Havok's physics technology ensures that objects react to their environments in a realistic manner - floating icebergs and swaying vines. The advanced Edge engine supports next-generation graphics and Dolby® surround sound.
Developer: Edge of Reality (PS2, Xbox, GameCube),
Torus Games (GBA)
Release Date: Winter 2004
Platform: PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system/ Xbox® video game system from Microsoft/ Nintendo GameCube/
Game Boy® Advance
Suggested Retail Price: $39.99/$29.99 (Game Boy Advance only)
ESRB rating: "E" - (Everyone with mild suggestive themes and violence)/"E" - (Everyone with cartoon violence)