Apparently, Activision wants to give Xbox owners their shot at playing like ninjas, so they're taking their great Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven PS2 title and revising it for the Xbox. Check out the Fact Sheet below on all the details of this great new title for Microsoft's console (courtesy of Step-3). Also, check out the recently launched official site at http://www.returnfromdarkness.com.
Tenchu®: Return from Darkness brings the acclaimed Tenchu® stealth ninja series to the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft - delivering the most realistic ninja action-adventure game ever. Based on Tenchu®: Wrath of Heaven for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Tenchu: Return from Darkness offers several new enhancements including two exclusive single-player maps, improved gameplay balance with re-tuned enemy intelligence and item placement, a user-interactive training mode, realistic graphics and an Xbox Live component featuring two player online co-op action.
- New Stealth Attacks and Improved Fighting Engine - Master combo attacks, including stealth moves and jumping attacks, played out in realistic detail via a robust fighting engine. Gamers take on the role of three characters, Rikimaru, Ayame and Tesshu, an unlockable assassin, utilizing over 20 authentic ninja weapons and tools and earning new abilities and combos by racking up stealth kills.
- Exclusive Xbox Content and Enhancements - Tenchu: Return from Darkness features 11 single-player maps including two new levels that take players on a journey to a samurai mansion and deserted pagoda temple. Improved gameplay balance with re-tuned enemy intelligence and item placement force gamers to think on their feet.
- Xbox Live and Multiplayer Action - The Xbox Live mode allows for two-player co-op missions through six levels, as well as online voice chat functionality. The multiplayer action offers six levels and two modes of play - co-operative team oriented missions and Hunter-Hunted death matches.
- New Restart and Continue Functions - Tenchu: Return from Darkness features two exclusive new functions for both hardcore and novice players. The restart function allows them to restart a mission with all of the items previously collected. The continue function, designed for novice players, alleviates the frustration of dying early in pitfalls and having to start at the beginning of a mission.
- Multiple Mission Paths - Fans can complete unique mission objectives including espionage, theft and assassination. Crafted levels allow players to determine the most efficient way to achieve mission goals. Multiple game endings based on earlier decisions in the game and enemy placements, keep players coming back for more.
- Stunningly Realistic Graphics and Special Effects - Taking full advantage of the Xbox's graphical capabilities, Tenchu: Return from Darkness features 11 detailed levels with realistic lighting and weather effects, breakable items and authentic character animations.
Developer: K2, Ltd.
Release Date: March 2004
Platform: Xbox video game system from Microsoft
Suggested Retail Price: $49.99
ESRB rating: "M" ("Mature" - violence, blood and gore - content suitable for persons ages 17 and older)